Paleo Pizza Recipe
I have made this recipe so many times that I know it by heart. (It’s also so simple, it’s hard not to memorize.) I’m sure that I first found it somewhere, and improvised until I had a winner. If I can remember where, I’ll definitely post the source.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of ground flax
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel, then grate eggplant
- Squeeze all the water out of the eggplant with a dish cloth
- Add 1/2 cup of ground flax, 2 eggs and a pitch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together and place into a ball on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Flatten ‘dough’ and form into crust
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes on parchment paper
- After that, flip onto another sheet of parchment paper and bake for another 15-20min
Take out of the oven and top with your desired toppings. Then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Last night, I topped ours with home made pesto. (I can’t take credit for this, my mother in law makes some each year with basil and cilantro from her garden, then freezes it to use year round.) I added sliced tomatoes, some kale and some extra sharp cheddar.
I personally love it as a great alternative to pizza. Let’s face it, it’s not your deep dish pizza from the north end of Boston, but it does the trick. Let me know how yours comes out!